Friday, September 25, 2009

Remembering Liberty's Preservers


For some years, I was priviledged to produce video documentaries and training materials for the National Park Service. That, and my growing up near Washington, D.C. meant that I have had a lot of opportunities to experience a broad number of historic memorials. But, none have so profoundly moved me more than the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford, Virginia.

It is my favorite memorial site.

But, The Airforce Times reports that the D-Day Memorial Foundation is in trouble and may be forced to close due to lack of funds.

It would be a shame to let that happen.


The tiny town of Bedford, Virginia lost 19 sons on the beaches of Normandy. This was the greatest loss, in proportion to population, than any other town in America. Each of those 19 sons lost their lives preserving Liberty for you, me and our future generations. I'd like to urge each person to remember that as we focus on Liberty in our own way.

Please go to the National D-Day Memorial Foundation website to make a donation to help remember Liberty's preservers.

No comments:

Post a Comment